Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Travels

Well, surprise (to me, too)! We just arrived back home from the most exciting trip of my life! My sweet husband took me on the trip we've been dreaming of for years. It was such a blessing, as I had already taken time off work, but we initially didn't see how we could afford the $10,000 we estimated it would cost. So, we had planned on a 2-week 'stay-cation' (which can be good, too) to spend some well-needed time together to refresh our marriage. Cameron's extended absence has been quite taxing emotionally for both of us. However, at the last minute, we found the cruise tickets we had been eyeing for about 25% of the initial cost. So, we booked, bought plane tickets, started packing, and went on a lovely adventure. The last evening shift I worked, I practically fell down the stairs on my way home - I was SO excited!

Here are a few snapshots of our trip:



The Colosseum at night
Trevi Fountain
Pantheon
Courtyard at Musei Vaticani
Saint Peter's Basilica
Papal Guard
Sistine Chapel
Acropolis
Our dinner table on the cruise: Me, Cameron, Cindy, Chris, Sabrina, and Geoff
Saint John's church and burial site
Grand Theater at Ephesus
Reading Ephesians in Ephesus
The house of the virgin Mary
Inside the courtyard of Sultan's Palace, Istanbul
Rhodes (where I first swam in the Mediterranean)
Istanbul - Topkapki (the Sultan's Palace)
Inside Topkapi
The Blue Mosque
Inside Hagia Sophia

No comments:

Post a Comment