Friday, May 27, 2011

Date night




I have the BEST husband in the world! Date night tonight started with business: we had to deal with his retirement fund from working at the hospital - transferring to a Roth IRA. Yeah, I learn new things every day. I told him I was glad we like doing the same things together (like finances and going to Safeway to get gas - not really - he knew I was joking).

Then we used our Groupon to John Howie steak - we split Prime Rib, a twice-baked potato, and a bleu cheese/iceberg wedge salad. It was MORE than enough for the both of us and the horseradish on the prime rib was SOOOOOO good. My new obsession. This is good, because we got a voucher for $15 on a meal this summer. Guess where we'll be when Cameron gets home from school?

We bought a desktop iMac today, also. This was a major breakthrough. I didn't even have to fight him on it - he just up and decided one day that it wasn't worth fighting over MAC vs PC and he could live with a dual operating system on a MAC. So, we bought one. It ships in 2 days!!! No more laptops for us soon!

Our lovely date night ended at Pacific Fabrics. This is why I have the best husband in the world! It was his idea to take me here. This is pretty much my heaven on earth. I asked Cameron when I died to please spread my ashes at Pacific Fabrics. Morbid, maybe, but I guess I'll just be happy while I'm still here to wedge myself between the Japanese quilt we both love and my favorite eggplant print (which I'd really love to go back and purchase).


The older ladies in the store get a kick out of our conversations. It goes something like Me: "OOOOHHHH - look at this one. Imagine what it would look like on..."; Cameron, sarcastically, "Oh, yes... that's very nice. Uh, I don't think so." He knows I love it, though, or else he wouldn't have taken me there. I left with a few essentials - some velcro for my reusable sandwich bags and new needles for my sewing machine (I'm learning how NOT to break them).


No comments:

Post a Comment