Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Spiderwoman and letdowns

I just heard a 'ker-plop' on the desk next to me. When I looked over, a larger-than-life spider was crawling my way. I just realized I wanted Cameron to save me from it, but even if he were here, it would still be my job. Yes, I'm the spider-killer. I really don't mind them, just this one. He now lies lifeless in my wastebin. K, I'm closing the vent now.

I had a very frustrating encounter with another free ad on Craigslist today. This gentleman (or jerk, not sure which) was giving away some furniture, as he had to move today. I replied to a listing on a free solid Mahogany entertainment center. He replied back courteously, and I enlisted the help of our friend, Logan, to heave it down 3 flights of stairs in Capitol Hill. Except this gentleman never gave me his address in the various emails we sent back and forth. So, there I was, waiting with Logan to get his address so we could actually head SOMEWHERE. I told him I had to be at work at a certain time and he totally disrespected that. I haven't heard from him all day. Big PROPS to Logan, though, for being so willing to help at the drop of a hat! It is wonderful to have friends that I can rely on - that's something silly, but it meant a lot to me.

So, no free Mahogany entertainment center. But a very good day at work. I've got myself some fun girl dates scheduled this week. Tomorrow, Jill and I will make lattes at Dad's work to fundraise for her upcoming trip (http://www.wix.com/jillian_rose/photography). The organization she's going with is called PhotogenX (http://photogenx.net/). I'm very excited to help in this small way - I wish we were doing more fundraising, but it's tough coming up with good ideas that will be worth our time and effort (and bring in more profit than our expenditure). Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment