Tuesday, March 29, 2011

79 degrees at home

Please PLEASE PLEASE replace your appliances on-time. The washer in Debbie's house got stuck on 'fill' for 2 hours last week, flooding the downstairs and the crawlspace. The insurance adjustor is here right now, surveying the damage. The service company came last night to set commercial-grade fans and dehumidifiers downstairs (it's now a balmy 79 degrees down there). Luckily, I like sleeping with white noise!

It looks like they'll have to replace the hardwoods which cover about 50-70% of the downstairs square footage. That means hotel stay for us! I have no idea when they'll kick us out or for how long we'll be out, but they pay for "an equivalent lifestyle to your home life." I told Debbie that meant I needed a full kitchen - that's all I'm worried about!

It's really hard to fall back asleep knowing there's a strange man downstairs, however, so I'll think I'm up for the day. Missing my hubby today. The thing I miss the most, so far, is having him to come home to after a hard night at work. He doesn't even know how much of a calm he creates for me. The best part is that I don't have to complain for hours; I can just look at him and he knows. He also tells me when I just need to shut it. :)

Here's to another rainy work day!

No comments:

Post a Comment